Ok, I may be missing something, but maybe (just maybe) it's Apple who's missing something...

I can't for the life of me figure out how to consistently put my MBP to sleep while it's connected to an external display and using a bluetooth Apple keyboard and Magic Trackpad.

Turning ON or OFF either BT device will cause the Mac to wake, making it seemingly impossible to power down both devices AND put the Mac to sleep.

One issue is when wanting to carry the Mac elsewhere in the house. If I turn off both inout devices the Mac will wake up as I'm picking it up. If I leave one of the devices on then the Mac will connect/disconnect to/from it from elsewhere in the house repeatedly.

I believe I may be able to get both devices off if I also unplug the display's connectors in the correct order - pulling them in this order can make the system go to sleep. So I can power down the input devices without telling the computer to go to sleep and then cause the sleep with the monitor unplug.

But this doesn't solve the issue for the times I just want to sleep the system and walk away from it - without unplugging anything. Years ago I came up with an elegant solution to solve this and a number of other related tasks with a little application - the problem is I've never had that app developed, even though I see there's still a real need for it.

Anyone have any suggestions? Oh, keeping a USB cabled mouse plugged into the monitor isn't going to cut it. smile

Edited by hybrid8 (27/06/2011 15:40)