So, if I wanted to install a firewall in my relatively complex home network - which became even more complex in the last year as I've been adding quite a few IOT devices -, what would you recommend?

Ideal features I'd like to have:
- fanless (not essentual, but a silent device is very welcome)
- 1Gbps throughput as it looks I may be finally having FTTH fiber at home, at some point in 2021
- solid web interface (assuming command line will be great anyway, since all these products are Linux based)

Currently, because of our remote-working, our bandwidth need has increased and we are using two data links to the same ISP, for a combined bandwidth of 240Mbps down and 45Mbps up.

My network has the two ISP modems feed two WAN pots on my Linksys LRT224 edge router, which performs load balancing and most importantly link aggregation of the two ISP feeds. From the Linksys router, one cable feeds my home main 16 ports switch. Switch is connected to my WiFi, and to all wired devices.

So, I was thinking to install a firewall physically between the edge router and the switch, so that everything goes both logically and physically through it.

I've been looking into Firewalla gold, which apparently could replace my Linksys LRT224 completely and operate as a main edge router itself. But, I suppose there are better solutions, less cloud-oriented, less smartphone app dependent, maybe?

Anyway, any recommendation is welcome.

Edited by Taym (01/12/2020 10:36)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg