Hey, I've been struggling with this new bug (?) in windows. I've never seen anything like it. When I've connected via dial up, the system sets up the ppp adapter (as shown by typing ipconfig). After I disconnect, what it *should* do is remove the ppp adapter from the list. However, half the time it does not remove it, it just converts all the values to 0.0.0.0 -- and behaves like it is disconnected. So far so good, but when i reconnect back to the internet, it sets up a *second* PPP adapter that is correctly configured, and the first ppp adapter with the 0.0.0.0's remain, causing my ip routing to be screwed up. I can't ping, can't dns, can't do anything even though that second ppp adapter looks correct, the system is defaulting on the route given by the first (0.0.0.0). I have no idea how to flush out the errant ppp adapter. I tried every option i can think of, tried deleting the route using the route command (maybe I'm using it wrong?, it refuses to delete). I tried renew, flushing the dns, etc. No luck. I tried logging out of windows xp and logging back in and it's still there. It's quite frustrating. I have to *reboot* in order for it to go back to normal. Any ideas?

Calvin