I've now run Ad-aware multiple times and I still cannot seem to get rid of the effects of one particularly voracious spyware program.

Have any of you run into this "Huntbar" stuff? It's driving me insane! It is unimaginable to me that anyone in their right mind could set something like this loose on the internet. No virus I've ever gotten has caused me more frustration than this thing.

It seems to do pretty much anything it can to hijack Internet Explorer and to implant it's self and links to companies that must support it into the Favorites folder, my desktop, my start menu, my startup folder, and my IE address bar.

I have run Ad-aware several times, and it finds elements of the program, but it must not be eliminating the cause of the thing. I am not using any new programs since this thing hit my system. Before I even installed the latest version of Ad-aware, I found instructions on the internet for hwo to remove the program, and that obviously still hasn't worked.

Does anyone here have any experience with this heinous company or its programs?

ps-I'm planning on buying the first tier Ad-aware program so I can get Ad-watch. Hopefully that will give me a clue as to what I'm doing to cause the program to get reloaded.