Basicly my roommate and I have a little over 1000+ DVDs not counting all the seasons of tv shows. Its become a real hassle finding room/storage space for them all let alone keeping track of where a particular movie is.. The idea I had come up with might cost a little bit but think will solve the problem and figured I would run it by you guys and see if anyone else has done it..

Im basicly thinking of replacing the pain in the ass TiVo with a Mythbox and add a few WD 1TB USB/Firewire drives and rip the movies to it cause i saw they have a plugin for that stuff.. Also thought maybe Id run my hardware past you guys and see if theres anything that might stick out as a potential linux problem for me? And if maybe you might know of a dual tuner PCI card that would work well? The HD Componet module uses a PCI slot bay so that would leave me with only one. Thanks guys!

Case: Antec Fusion
MB: Asus M2NPV-VM
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 4600+
CPU Cooler: Thermalright SI-128
Ram: Corsair 1GB PC2-6400 x2
DVD: DVD+-RW Drive
HD: WD Caviar RE2 400GB
Tuner: ???
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock