I don't want to go back and see how long ago it was that I posted I was going to buy a new car and was looking for advice (probably about 4 years). It took a LONG time, but I finally replaced my old 96 Mustang. Basically I replaced my college kid car with a mid-life crisis car (except, I got the Sedan so at least it's somewhat sensible).

Anyway, I'm already in love with this car, and it was definitely worth the wait. It's a red G37 sedan, which is not a color I've seen on the road very much for this model, and it is absolutely smoking (coming from the under powered Mustang, I will likely get a speeding ticket in the next 6 months, though I generally try to stay within reasonable speeds- this car just likes to move).

No empeg system sadly- I'm just dedicating an old 60 gig iPod and hooking it in through USB, which works great (I didn't get the nav system, which would've allowed blue-tooth streaming from my iPhone, so having a dedicated mp3 player prevents me from having to stick my phone in the console every time I get in the car).

I did revisit many of the options (and some new ones) that were brought to my attention back in that old thread, but at the end of the day the G37 seemed to be a perfect mix between sporty and practical for me (the back seats are very comfortable and I will have no problem getting a car seat in there).

We'll see how I feel in a year, but for now I am absolutely in love with this car.