Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222028 - 16/08/2002 21:29 RioPlay on Dell
sidn
stranger

Has anyone gotten RioPlay to run on the Dell Receiver?
I'm running V1.01b of the receiver software and can't seem to find the receiver.arf file on C:\program file\audio receiver. If I copy in the RioPlay receiver in there is no difference; it seems to ignore this file. There is a file mercury.arf. should I replace this file or will Rioplay not work on the Dell at all?

Many thanks

#222029 - 16/08/2002 22:07 Re: RioPlay on Dell [Re: sidn]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Try it.. but make sure to backup (copy the original mercury.arf file somewhere) the file first..

-mark

#222030 - 17/08/2002 01:30 Re: RioPlay on Dell [Re: dionysus]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
It'll work. Just replace that file instead.

#222031 - 17/08/2002 21:48 Re: RioPlay on Dell [Re: Roger]
sidn
stranger

Thanks for the advice.

I renamed the file mercury.arf but the receiver would not boot. I then used Frank van Gestel's Tarmerge that seems to combine the mercury.arf with a hacked version. I'm not exactly sure why this was needed but it seemed to make Rioplay work (as well as display server).

After I got Rioplay to work, I realized that I have a lot of WMA files. Too bad Rioplay doesn't seem to play them, the shoutcast is pretty cool.

Thanks again for responding.

#222032 - 17/08/2002 22:27 Re: RioPlay on Dell [Re: sidn]
dave
new poster

Loc: San Diego, CA
After I got Rioplay to work, I realized that I have a lot of WMA files. Too bad Rioplay doesn't seem to play them, the shoutcast is pretty cool.

I don't believe there's any open source WMA decoders out there, so as long as that's the case, WMA can't be supported by Rioplay. Sorry

If you're interested in streaming but still want to be able to play your WMA files, have you tried the JReceiver server? It can support Shoutcast streaming with the default Rio client. Check it out at http://jreceiver.sourceforge.net.

#222033 - 22/08/2002 14:01 Re: RioPlay on Dell [Re: dave]
sidn
stranger

When I ripped my files I did not see the implications and paid too much attention to micro$ofts marketing hype about the superiority of WMA. I'm now ripping new stuff to MP3.

Anyway, I did try JReceiver and got stuck Scanning. It seems to have problems with most of my files. I move some of the files it chokes on and it goes a bit further but then stops again. I haven't had time to work on it more.
Thanks for the suggestion.