Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#244526 - 22/12/2004 06:59 any "hello world" for tRio? Plugin Architecture?
ievolve
stranger

Hi Paul,

We spoke months ago and I was working with you to try and get some sort of a "hello world" example for tRio. Basically getting something to display on the rio screen gracefully.

It may be nice to have some sort of a plugin architecture as well. Maybe another menu of "plugins" under which people could add weird little plugins.

Here is what I am thinking... If I could store a field in the tRio properties that I could read with my pludin it would be ideal. Here are some of the plugins I would like to develop:

1. Weather Plugin: DIsplay the weather for a given city or list of cities.
2. Random Quote/joke of the Day (via a web feed).

I know they are really simple and stuipid but I would really like to use them as a launching pad to other more complex plugins. Additionally providing source for other developers to use in helping them create other plugins.

Can anyone help?

#244527 - 10/01/2005 11:59 Re: any "hello world" for tRio? Plugin Architecture? [Re: ievolve]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
It's been hiding in tRio for some time now. Try uncommenting the following line in trio.xml:

<application name="helloworld" title="Hello World" message="Hello World!!! ..."/>

It should appear towards the bottom of the menus.

Cheers
Paul