I've been using tRio and jrec together for a few months now and simply love this combination! Heck I just went out and got myself two more receivers I'm so happy with this combination. And if the next version of tRio lets me ditch ARM completely....it will be nearly perfect!

There is one thing I've been doing and I'm kind of ashamed that I haven't come up with a good way to automate it because I know it's just screaming to become a tRio app but I have zero Java skills.

What I've been doing is using my setup to stream live shows from the archive.org live music archive. I was inspired by the slimserver plugin that does this with a nice menu interface. I can't pull off the nice menu but what I have been doing is simply saving the .m3u's off archive.org and feeding them to jrec.

It works nicely, the shows show up in my playlists and I can select and listen to them streaming straight from archive.org on any of my recievers.

There are only two drawbacks:

1) Song titles don't display. I'm not sure if this is because the VBR versions archive.org streams don't have ID3 data or if it's a limitation of the way I'm queuing them up.

2) It's not automated. I know there's got to be a fairly simple way to do what the slimserver plugin does and spider the archive.org site so it will give a list of artists then shows and let you select them that way.

Anyone got any thoughts on a way to automate this?

And once again big thumbs up to everyone who's worked on tRio and jrec - this combination is what I've been looking for for years! The programable playlists in jrec are something I've dreamed of for so long I still can't believe no commercial (or other free!) system I've found can match it!