Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#220156 - 02/07/2001 02:49 Rio Receiver Question
johnmcd3
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA (formerly Houston,...
Ok, my friend and I go out and buy this thing today, and (except for one thing) it is pretty awesome (as I expected it to be). It's easy to install, it works well, sounds great, and has an intuative display. However, the display is so small that you are either forced to get up from the couch, walk over, and crouch down in front of the audio cabinet, or blindly search through music. I know this has been brought up briefly before, but I haven't heard of any real solutions. I don't think it would be to difficult to write into the firmware the option to have the title and artists display on two huge lines (size of the timer) one on top of each other. I think this would be most effective only while searching (skipping) through songs and then after a few seconds or after the song is selected it will revert to the normal display. I briefly considered attacking the source of the player, either myself or with the help of an associate of mine, but it doesn't appear that on this side of the BBS we are privledged to such information. Is this problem likely to be addressed in a future firmware release? Roger, Peter, or Hugo, care to comment?

Thanks,

John

#220157 - 02/07/2001 03:28 Re: Rio Receiver Question [Re: johnmcd3]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
...after the song is selected it will revert to the normal display...

It wasn't on the list, but it's a damn good idea...

#220158 - 02/07/2001 11:53 Re: Rio Receiver Question [Re: johnmcd3]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I agree that the display sucks.

To help, I have increased the contrast to all-the-way dark, and chosen the display mode of "Big Title", but that only goes so far.

Fortunately, I mainly use it for shuffling my whole collection, so I don't need to see the display except when I first start it up and choose a playlist.