I've read about the track/song limits in the Receiver system (within this thread and here in the FAQ), supposedly limited to ~40K tracks in the server and ~10K in the receiver itself.

I, however, am experiencing problems with only 4,502 tracks in my collection. I can play by artist, and by album. If I select by song title, however, the receiver seems to reboot. When I select by song title, there is a brief pause during which the hour-glass pops up (indicating "wait a moment"). Within a second or two, I see the boot screen. By boot screen, I mean that the receiver displays exactly the same thing it does when you first turn it on -- It shows the Rio logo, and a line at the bottom shows progress messages such as "searching for music server," "music server found," and so on.

So is this expected?

I'd really like to use shuffle (random) play across my entire collection of tracks. At the moment, the widest selection of tracks with which I can get random play is in by artist mode. I could make a large play list, but that isn't appealing. I could also play by genre, but most of my tracks don't have any genre information in the MP3 ID3.1 tags.

Any ideas folks?

Details of my setup:
I have two of the Dell re-branded units from TigerDirect, running 1.04 firmware and 1.04 Audio Receiver Manager on a Win2K PC.

P.S.: Ultimately this won't matter to me. I intend to switch over to one of the community supported servers (on Linux), and also use the tRio client-side software. I'd just like to get the most out of the default setup.