Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#224822 - 13/05/2004 13:58 HPNA Causes ethernet connection to be lost
Jemmi

I have a standard HPNA card that I was running my receivers from. I kept noticing that the server where the card was located would constantly lose it's network connection and since this server was sitting in a closet and accessed through PC Anywhere, this was sort of a hassle to reset EVERY time. I mean, sometimes it would go days and other times minutes. It would lose conection to my network completely and only a restart would reconnect. Well, the power supply on this server died so I moved things over to another computer that had NO PROBLEMS staying connected. The exact same thing started happening to this computer. I pulled the HPNA card out and all is fine again. I'm in an apartment and can't really hard wire ethernet cable anywhere. Anyone have any ideas why the card is causing these problems? I'm running Windows XP pro on all computers... some service pack 1 and some service pack 2

#224823 - 13/05/2004 14:48 Re: HPNA Causes ethernet connection to be lost [Re: Jemmi]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Keeping computers in closets isn't good for them usually... Heat, you know...

#224824 - 13/05/2004 18:22 Re: HPNA Causes ethernet connection to be lost [Re: tfabris]
Jemmi

Isn't REALLY in the closet... Is under the computer desk in the corner... was trying to be figurative there...