Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221870 - 26/07/2002 08:46 RioPlay now at SourceForge
dave
new poster

Loc: San Diego, CA
RioPlay is now set up as a SourceForge project at http://rioplay.sourceforge.net.

I'd appreciate it if everyone who had problems or feature suggestions could go enter them at SourceForge so I can keep track of them better. Also let me know if anyone would like to be added as a developer to the project.

The next release is coming along well. Title/Artist/Album now scroll side to side if they're too long to fit in the window. There's also a play status indicator, and Random mode! I need to fix the random a little bit as right now it has no memory of what's already been played so every now and then it'll play a song again that it just played a couple songs ago. Also I'm tracking down one bug that causes the application to die after a long time of playing a playlist from the Rio server.

#221871 - 26/07/2002 18:08 Re: RioPlay now at SourceForge [Re: dave]
klotz
stranger

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
I'm interested in contributing, but it seems like emulation rather than cross-development would be easier. I noticed that once I replaced the libmad.a nd mad.h defs in the Makefiles it compiled and ran fine on RedHat 7.3 i386 (well, I don't have /dev/display or /dev/ir) but my guess is that these are fairly easy to simulate.

Would this be welcome? Are there hidden gotchas?

#221872 - 27/07/2002 18:27 Re: RioPlay now at SourceForge [Re: dave]
mef

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
With the toolchain built from scratch I was able to compile rioplay from the CVS sources and get it to work on my receiver. Now I can finally debug some of the little issues I've been running into.

#221873 - 27/07/2002 18:27 Re: RioPlay now at SourceForge [Re: klotz]
mef

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Building an emulation package that runs on an x86 Linux box is a great idea! I am all for it.