Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#224494 - 27/01/2004 20:11 Need help with new problem...
TechnoDoc
new poster

OK...I need the brain trust to help me out here...

My system:
Win2K running ARM 1.04 and tRio 0.1.4 alpha5
Dell branded receiver connected via ethernet

This exact setup was running BEAUTIFULLY. I just spent the last couple of days ripping CDs and building up my music library. I now have 1123 tracks on the server machine. ARM builds the DB of tracks and playlists in just over one minute...everything seems OK.

Radio mode works fine, but when I try to Queue up tracks, the receiver locks up with an hour glass on the display, and the server displays a dialog box that says:

"armgr.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

Is my library too big for ARM to handle? Do I need a newer version of ARM? (Isn't there a v1.4 out there somewhere, or is 1.04 the latest?) Am I doing something else wrong?

FYI, I switched back to the native receiver.arf file, and disabled tRio, and still get the same error/freeze problem, so I am guessing this is an ARM problem.

I hope there is a way to fix this without having to install a new server program.

HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!
PalmDoc

#224495 - 28/01/2004 11:15 Re: Need help with new problem... [Re: TechnoDoc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Please click here.

#224496 - 28/01/2004 11:49 Re: Need help with new problem... [Re: tfabris]
TechnoDoc
new poster

That is what I figured. Bummer!

Does anyone have a link to a complete step by step tutorial for installing JReceiver on Windows 2000? The JReceiver site has some gaps in the Windows documentation.

Has anyone tried the Rio installer package on the JReciver Yahoo group?

Will JReceiver solve my problem once and for all? I plan to put a lot more music on this server.

Thanks in advance for your help,
PalmDoc

#224497 - 28/01/2004 12:15 Re: Need help with new problem... [Re: TechnoDoc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The only way to solve the problem once and for all is to use a third party client on the receiver side as well.

If there is a consensus as to which of the third party packages solve the problem completely both on the client and the server side, I'll link them from that FAQ entry. The text in the entry is from back in the days before there was a plethora of third party packages available. Anyone?