Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#73587 - 20/02/2002 20:26 Emplode Beta 11
Rezolution
enthusiast

I just connected my unit to my NT 4.0 machine with the serial cable to remove one of my songs with emplode 2.0 beta 11. I sorted the list of songs by "Position" and it starts with the Number 2. What gives?? Is this one of those inside jokes like Stun/Kill or something??

#73588 - 20/02/2002 22:20 Re: Emplode Beta 11 [Re: Rezolution]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The songs, when sorted by position, start at 1.

The only thing that starts at 2 is the root playlist. The reason is that item number 1 is the hidden folder "Unattached Items" (which used to be visible in version 1.0x of the software). There was a discussion of this in the programming forum about JEmplode. JEmplode does not hide the Unattached Items folder, so it starts at 1.

This is on the internal bug list already, but I'm guessing it's probably not a high-priority item.

#73589 - 21/02/2002 01:31 Re: Emplode Beta 11 [Re: tfabris]
Rezolution
enthusiast

That makes sense. Thanks for the answer! What happens if something winds up in the unattached folder now? I always used to think of that as a "recycle bin" for my player. I have had a few occasions where after I removed a track in 1.02, I had to erase stuff from the unattached folder. Will I ever have to empty the unattached folder in 2.0? If so, do I have to do it through FTP since I cant access it anymore through emplode?

#73590 - 21/02/2002 06:49 Re: Emplode Beta 11 [Re: Rezolution]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
AFAIK, everything on the empeg is now shown in emplodes "Soup" views, including stuff that does not belong to any playlist (would previously have ended up in Unattached Items). To the best of my knowledge that stuff never ended up in a special folder on the empeg, just in emplode (any fids "left over" after building up the playlist tree).

You can't select this material from the empegs menus playlists right now, only by searching for it, but implementing the soup views as playlists on the empeg is planned...

/Michael

#73591 - 21/02/2002 11:37 Re: Emplode Beta 11 [Re: Rezolution]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Unattached items is no longer used in Version 2.0 at all. That is why it is hidden.

Everything that is not attached to a playlist is still a valid tune in the player and can be played via a Search, and will appear in the Soup views in Emplode.

If you wish to see what the contents of Unattached Items would have been if it were visible, do an advanced search on "refs=0", that will get you the same results as looking at Unattached Items.