Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#95201 - 22/05/2002 05:18 Simple instructions for adjusting EQ
Spangel
new poster

I have read the instructions and the FAQ but I am no nearer to understanding how to adjust the EQ settings. I really only want to make simple adjustments, is this possible? Can you adjust treble and bass on their own? What does the loudness option do?

I have a Riocar Mark 2a running 1.03 of Emplode.

#95202 - 22/05/2002 05:25 Re: Simple instructions for adjusting EQ [Re: Spangel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I have read the instructions and the FAQ but I am no nearer to understanding how to adjust the EQ settings. I really only want to make simple adjustments, is this possible?

Yes, this is possible. Instructions on how to use the basic EQ features should be in the manual. That's why it's not in the FAQ (no need to repeat the user's manual in the FAQ).

Can you adjust treble and bass on their own?

By default, there is no separate bass and treble control on the player.

If you use Hijack, it has its own bass and treble controls. If an equalizer confuses you, I recommend you use that instead. Click Here for information about Hijack.

You will need to upgrade to 2.0 beta 11 in order to use Hijack.

Also note that the user interface for the equalizer changed between 1.03 and 2.0, so its on-screen menu structure will be different if you upgrade to 2.0.

What does the loudness option do?

It increases the very low bass frequencies depending on your volume setting. As you turn up the volume, it gives less bass boost.