Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#156137 - 19/04/2003 11:16 Using jEmplode to Download to a PC
JeffreyB
stranger

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
I know this has been covered before, but I still cannot get it to work. I would like to use jEmplode to download by artist the songs on my Empeg back to my PC with full tag info intact. I would also like the folders to be created automatically based on <Artist>-<Album> from the tag info. I can't seem to get this to happen. The songs go into just one folder. The album folder is never created. I really, really don't want to use a third party program to do this. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jeff

#156138 - 19/04/2003 12:38 Re: Using jEmplode to Download to a PC [Re: JeffreyB]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Put backslashes into the filespec in the configuration box. Like this:

{genre}\{artist}\{source}\{artist} - {source} - {year} - {tracknr:2} - {title}{ext}

That's if you're downloading from the soup. If you're downloading from playlists, it should be making folders that equal the playlist names already.

Also, substitute {pos:2} if you want it to go by playlist position instead of the track number field (which is not always filled out).

#156139 - 19/04/2003 16:59 Re: Using jEmplode to Download to a PC [Re: tfabris]
JeffreyB
stranger

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
Thanks a million! I didn't see this detailed in the jEmplode FAQ, and there is no help available within the program. Is there some other source of info? Is there anything that explains some of the settings in the "Options" menu?

Jeff

#156140 - 20/04/2003 05:34 Re: Using jEmplode to Download to a PC [Re: JeffreyB]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Unfortunately, as with most things, help documents always got lowest priorities ... If you have any specific questions about what the options mean, I can answer them, though -- maybe I'll just start to collect them for a help document on the website.

ms

#156141 - 21/04/2003 16:17 Re: Using jEmplode to Download to a PC [Re: mschrag]
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
The only part of the tag that doesn't seem to get saved when downloading from jemplode is the genre. Any possibility of fixing that last remaining nit in the next release?

- Thanx
- Jon

#156142 - 21/04/2003 16:23 Re: Using jEmplode to Download to a PC [Re: jbauer]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I just use file rename to name the tracks with all the info I want like artist-album-genre-year.mp3 etc.

Then use mp3tag studio to set the ID3 tags from the file names.

I used one tagger that would place the files into directories like /artist/album/track when tagging them I can't remember if that was mp3tag studio or a different program though.

Matt

#156143 - 21/04/2003 16:36 Re: Using jEmplode to Download to a PC [Re: msaeger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I just use file rename to name the tracks with all the info I want like artist-album-genre-year.mp3 etc. Then use mp3tag studio to set the ID3 tags from the file names.
That's what I'm doing, too, and it works well. What Jon is saying, though, is that the rename and TagStudio steps would not be necessary if Jemplode didn't have the bug and was instead able to fully tag the tracks at download time. I agree with Jon, I'd like to see that work, too.

#156144 - 23/04/2003 04:45 Re: Using jEmplode to Download to a PC [Re: tfabris]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
I seem to recall that I already fixed this in CVS, but haven't done a release in a while (I didn't want to do another release until another project I'm working on that is using a similar source base was more stable)