Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#267473 - 17/10/2005 14:03 Bookmarks are not saved while caching
elperepat
enthusiast

Loc: Qc, Canada
Hi!

I've had this problem since 3.0a10 (I did not install any 3.0 version before that, so I can't confirm when that problem started). I'm now running 3.0a11 with hijack 440 on my mk2a with 32meg RAM. I installed the max_fid hack. I thought it was gone with the 11th alpha, but it isn't. I did some test lately and came with a repeatable behaviour:

What I noticed is that when the player is caching (small dark hdd icon in upper right), and I try to save a bookmark, it is not saved properly. When I try to go to that bookmark, I come up with an empty playlist. If I wait for the hdd icon to dissapear and then save the bookmark, it works every time.

Also, I completly flushed my dynamic partition and followed all the steps given by Tony F. here about the empty playlist error (although I don't have this problem), so it shouldn't be related to a broken dynamic partition.

Could anybody else with 3.0a11 confirm this:
-Change playlist.
-While player is caching set bookmark
-Goto that bookmark.

What is the result? Correct spot or empty playlist?

All I want to know is if it's my player that isn't working properly and if I need to conitnue tracking the problem or if it's a generalized bug with late 3.0 alphas. I used to bookmark a lot with 2.0 to keep track of the audiobooks I listen to, but it's been a pain lately to skip to 50th track in the book every time I listened to a bit of music between my long road trips.

Thanks!

#267474 - 18/10/2005 17:39 Re: Bookmarks are not saved while caching [Re: elperepat]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
I observe similar, but you should post this as a bug in the Bugs section discussion for 3a11.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#267475 - 19/10/2005 13:27 Re: Bookmarks are not saved while caching [Re: schofiel]
elperepat
enthusiast

Loc: Qc, Canada
Thanks Rob, I'll do so.

I just wanted to confirm it was repeatable with someone else's empeg and that I wasn't doing something wrong before posting a bug report.