Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#282144 - 28/05/2006 15:09 Pumping Partition & Blank Empeg
kendrick

I had a working drive, and i wanted to erase the data on it so i did a builder upgrade and then i put the player image back on it. Now the empeg just has a blank screen. When i look at the serial output its just a loop of like memory violations or something. Any ideas?

Also when im applying any upgrade it takes about 6 hours to pump partition. Also its a mark II and a 60GB hard drive.

Edited by kendrick (28/05/2006 15:11)

#282145 - 30/05/2006 03:12 Re: Pumping Partition & Blank Empeg [Re: kendrick]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Double check that you're not having disk or cable trouble, and then try to apply the builder on that drive a second time.

After that, then try the regular upgrade again. If that's still slow, then I think I updated the Drive Upgrade instructions to link Roger's information about building large drives, go back through those and see if it's helpful.

Edit: Yeah, here's what it says in the disk upgrade instructions:

Special note for large drives: You might run into a problem if your disk drive is larger than about 60 gigabytes. The builder image hasn't been updated to support large disks. It sometimes runs out of memory when building the music partition. This will manifest itself as disk drive errors when the player boots or when you try to put music onto the player. If this happens, there are two things you can try: You can try to apply the builder image a second time (starting the procedure from the top). Sometimes this is enough. You can also format the hard disk manually.