Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#16861 - 05/09/2000 23:45 Mean Time Before Failure?
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Well in the week or so since I received my empeg it has been on nearly 24/7. I use it at work all day, for the commute to and from work, any time that I am in my room at home, and I often sleep with music on from it. This is great except that I am starting to worry about what is going to wear out first as I become like Tony with a power brick in every room so that I can carry the empeg with me always :-)

I am not terribly concerned about hardrives as I figure by the time they wear out I will want larger drives anyways. What else on the empeg might need to be conserved? The screen is the main thing I was thinking of. I am assuming it is on even if nothing is being shown (visual and info both off)? Perhaps a visual that actually shut the display off for extended use as background music should be a wishlist item (please correct me if this is the current behavior with no visual).

So is there anything else to worry about and how long are these things supposed to last anyway?

-Mike

#16862 - 06/09/2000 05:24 Re: Mean Time Before Failure? [Re: mcomb]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
My guess is that the first thing to go would be the hard drives. When that actually happens remains to be seen, I'm sure someone will post on this board if their HD starts dying.

---
My 18gb blue Empeg is in Memphis, and I'm not. Woe is me.