Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#59177 - 15/01/2002 12:47 adding a second drive?
nikko

I just purchased an empeg rio online. Unfortunately, I waited too long and now the 60 GB I wanted was out of stock, so I settled for the 30 GB version. I read on a different board that you could supposedly add a second drive to these units. Several questions: First, is that true? How involved a process is that? Is it really difficult or can someone like me whose experience is limited to putting together his own desktop do it? And finally, what kind of hard drives do these things use? IDE? Laptop? Something else?

Thanks so much for your help. This is my first post here, so if I've breached some sort of ettiquete, please forgive me. So far I'm pretty blown away by this forum.

#59178 - 15/01/2002 12:53 Re: adding a second drive? [Re: nikko]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Congratulations on your new toy!

At this time I would suggest you spend a little time reading through the FAQ at www.riocar.org where you will find a lot of incredibly useful information, including a complete illustrated drive installation guide.

It will also help prevent you from posting too many newbie questions to this BBS.

#59179 - 15/01/2002 12:58 Re: adding a second drive? [Re: nikko]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
And DON"T CROSS POST between forums. They all get read by the people that will answer so don't increase post counts by posting in two forums. The insane amount of new traffic is hard enough to keep up with as it is. =] Thanks!