Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#63638 - 27/01/2002 13:15 Rio Remote functions in Equalizer mode...
ClownBurner

Loc: Irvine, CA USA
This is odd.. using 2.0b7 w/Hijack 151, If you go into EQ mode and "Select", you can press numbers on the remote and it causes the selection to jump around in an odd way. Left and Right work as expected, but the numbers don't. You don't go to the EQ number preset that you set, and you don't go by name (I renamed an EQ preset to something entirely different, and I know how playlist search works, but no combination of numbers seemed to get me there. I tried both the 'press-each-number-once-for-any-of-those-letters and the 'press multiple to spell' methods.).

So I can't figure out what you're supposed to do with the number keys in there.

It'd be helpful to know, as it would greatly simplify an IR Translation I'm working on to switch between EQ modes...

TIA

#63639 - 27/01/2002 13:39 Re: Rio Remote functions in Equalizer mode... [Re: ClownBurner]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I don't believe Hijack has anything to do with it. This is Beta7.

Behavior seems to be:

When in the main "first entry" screen of the equalizer (where the preset name is at the top), the number keys select the presets.

When you are in the mode of selecting individual bands, the number keys 1-9 jump to equalizer bands 1-9. The 0 key is a quick shortcut for zeroing out the value of a given equalizer band (so you can't jump to band number 10).

Does that seem to coincide with your observed behavior?

#63640 - 27/01/2002 15:37 Re: Rio Remote functions in Equalizer mode... [Re: tfabris]
ClownBurner

Loc: Irvine, CA USA
Yes, that explains a few things... Although if you go into 'select' mode from the EQ (i.e., press Down;Down from the 'main' EQ screen), the button keys behave strangely. Must be a b7 thing.

#63641 - 27/01/2002 19:46 Re: Rio Remote functions in Equalizer mode... [Re: ClownBurner]
jwickis
addict

Loc: India
Since I've been tweaking my EQ sets today I thought I'd also add that in naming a preset if you name something w/capital ( i )'s then leave, later they are lower-case. To explain this more I wanted to name a preset like a persons name suffix of King Henry {the second}. Another observance is, unless I've missed it, you can't name a preset that contains a 1 since the 1 key is for spaces. Please correct if I'm wrong if there is an alternate way of naming a preset w/a 1 in it.

#63642 - 28/01/2002 11:21 Re: Rio Remote functions in Equalizer mode... [Re: jwickis]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I have verified the problem with capital I's, I will post that as a bug report.

I had no problem adding a number 1 to my EQ preset names. It works like every other letter key, press it multiple times to cycle through the options. The 1 happens to go between "space" and "1" with each press.

#63643 - 28/01/2002 19:30 Re: Rio Remote functions in Equalizer mode... [Re: tfabris]
jwickis
addict

Loc: India
Doh...I only tried pressing the '1' once since the button doesn't show anything like the others I didn't expect anything else on it. Thanks.