Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#85352 - 04/04/2002 07:06 how to install a pioneer radio AND an empeg mkII?
euro
new poster

I want to install a Pioneer Tuner/CD-Changer AND my empeg mkII,any idea how to manage this?Can I Use the empeg mkII aux in to connect my Pioneer to the empeg and then connect line out of the empeg to an amplifier?

Why I want to do this?Could`nt get a cheap tuner for my empeg and don`t want to give away the Pioneer CD-changer because my friends often want to listen to their cds when they drive with me.

Thanks for any help!

#85353 - 04/04/2002 08:20 Re: how to install a pioneer radio AND an empeg mk [Re: euro]
dodgecowboy
enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi State University
Unless the pioneer has aux imputs, then you would have to run the pioneer through the empeg's aux inputs. Its not real hard to do many on this board have done it, If you go to the installation section of this board you will find more help and plenty of pictures of installs if you search around

#85354 - 04/04/2002 08:55 Re: how to install a pioneer radio AND an empeg mk [Re: dodgecowboy]
mpelaz
journeyman

Hi

I had the same problem. You have 2 options:
1) buy a Pioneer CD changer to AUX converter (about 90 Euro) and connect the Riocar outs to the Pioneer, blocking the Riocar volume at 0 dB. The sound will come from the Pioneer's amplifier, and you'll loose the nice Rio parametric equalizer since Pioneer own Eq. will do that work. So Riocar will sound not as well as it could.

2) Buy a good 4 channel amplifier and pug it directly to your Rio, ande let it to equalize your music, plugging your Pioneer to his AUX inputs. You'll have to find a good volume on your Pioneer not to distort, and its eq. curve to 0, quite difficult due to Pioneer default powerfull equalizing.

I took the option 2, but now i have another problem: my Pioneer IR remote works on 2 units at the same time, so i have to fix some black tape on the IR sensor on Pioneer. Now i have to push buttons on Pioneer to change the FM station...

It has a bad solution, i guess. The best sound you'll get will always be through Riocar, and you'll have visuals with AUX inputs.

Cheers

mpelaz
Madrid

#85355 - 04/04/2002 09:41 Re: how to install a pioneer radio AND an empeg mk [Re: mpelaz]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
You mean that your remote control affects both the Pioneer and the empeg at the same time? Is this the Pioneer's remote or the empeg's remote? Do you have the Rio or Kenwood remote for the empeg?

What I'm getting at is that there's an option to make the empeg stop listening to the signals that the Kenwood remote sends, and that might fix your problem. It's under ``Configure Player'' in emplode.

#85356 - 04/04/2002 16:05 Re: how to install a pioneer radio AND an empeg mk [Re: wfaulk]
philp69
journeyman

Loc: Long Island, NY
When I had my Pioneer installed with the Empeg, I used the Aux in converter - so the Empeg played into the Pioneer. I also setup IR translations so the Pioneer remote (Pioneer P/N CXB2758) worked for both. The volume keys and a few others were not IR mapped so there would be no conflict. When in Aux mode on the Pioneer, most of the remote buttons have no function on the Pioneer so no conflicts there either. I also set up the CD and Radio source select buttons to set the shift state to on, so when I was using the radio or cd, none of the buttons would affect the Empeg. Pressing the Aux button would un-shift the IR xlations. I was actually a pretty elegant solution IIDSSMS. I liked the Pioneer remote better 'cause it was much more ergonomic (though you do lose a little functionality). In fact I still use it, and I removed the Pioneer 3 weeks ago! I think I saved the .ini file if anyone wants it...

Cheers!
Phil