Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#93038 - 11/05/2002 02:02 lost display contrast -> unreadable display info
crazymelki
enthusiast

Loc: Switzerland
Hello all,

I did yesterday change on my MK2 the rotary encoder. I got this spare part from carsupport. Now the rotary knob is working really well. Before I had some problem during pushing the knob. It was almost not working, when I did try to press for the HiJack menu.
After the exchange pushing the knob is working well with all functions.

But now I have the problem, that I lost the display contrast. (See the attachment).

I triple checked the display connector connection on the mainboard and I replaced the 1 Amp fast-acting 1206 fuse.

In the car during the day it's now impossible to read some info form the display...Even during the night it's bad readable.

I love my Mk2 tooo mutch....Does somebody know how to fix this problem?

Thanks a lot and hopefully there is a solution.

Attachments
91562-Display.JPG (146 downloads)

#93039 - 11/05/2002 04:51 Re: lost display contrast -> unreadable display info [Re: crazymelki]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Looks like the 60v PSU is along way down; I suspect this will require you to return your unit. If it happened whilst you were changing your rotary control then I would have to say it sounds like you disturbed something else (or maybe got a blob of solder onto some surrounding components).

Was the fuse you replaced actually blown?

Hugo

#93040 - 11/05/2002 05:25 Re: lost display contrast -> unreadable display info [Re: altman]
crazymelki
enthusiast

Loc: Switzerland
Hello Hugo,

First thanks for your replay! Yes the fuse was blown!

I did check the soldered part with my office friend (4 eyes can see more than 2) a cupple of time with the magnifier, but didn't saw any bad soldering part!

I will be really happy, If I can retourn the device to repair it. I can't see at the moment any defectiv or bad soldered part.

Money doesn't matter.! I know that it's 100% my fault.

Thanks....