Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#94596 - 18/05/2002 17:36 Home/Car EQ Settings Not Being Remembered
JeffreyB
stranger

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
I'm running 2.00 beta 11 and the latest Hijack and I had a weird problem occur the other day. I have the EQ set to 4 ch for the car and obviously 2 ch mode for home. Both settings are using EQ preset 2. When in Home mode (2 ch), I changed the EQ. When I put the unit back in my car, it came up in 2 ch mode instead of the usual 4 ch mode. When I put it back into 4 ch mode, my 4ch EQ setting for preset #2 had changed to all flat. I thought each EQ preset had a separate Home and Car memory. If not, do I need to use a different preset # for Home and Car?

Thanks,
Jeff

#94597 - 19/05/2002 00:22 Re: Home/Car EQ Settings Not Being Remembered [Re: JeffreyB]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
It does have separate home and car memory as you said, and your expected behavior is correct. It should not have done what you said it just did.

There are some known bugs in the 2.0b11 EQ, although that particular one hasn't been reported yet as far as I know. It is possible that it might be a bug in Hijack because the latest versions of hijack do in fact mess with the EQ.

It would be helpful if you could narrow down whether it's Hijack or whether it's 2.0b11 raw. Can anyone else help test this? Genixia, do you have any ideas?

#94598 - 19/05/2002 10:51 Re: Home/Car EQ Settings Not Being Remembered [Re: tfabris]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

Without looking into it, AFAIK, HJ should not be the cause of this - I haven't touched the 2/4 channel selection ioctl at all. The Bass/Treble literally only touch the raw values for the 4 bands that they use - and only when they are activated. The player itself is responsible for providing the values for the eq section - and it sounds like it is providing the wrong values to start with.