Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#99945 - 17/06/2002 14:52 Disable or replace RDS clock in Tuner mode??
ElectricD7

Loc: Indiana, USA
Hello all,

Finally got my tuner installed this afternoon, and on a few of my non RDS stations, I get the bogus tuner clock in the lower right corner of the screen. The time is ALWAYS off by about 5-8 hours or so, and I was wondering why I couldnt just replace that section of the screen with my players internal clock like in MP3 mode. I don't care if the station broadcasts RDS or not, I would much rather use my own time setting rather than see thiers (or the bogus clock in this case.) Is this something that can be done already, or maybe something the HiJack could do? I realize its probably part of the kernel itself, but it is seriously annoying. Thanks in advance.

#99946 - 17/06/2002 14:57 Re: Disable or replace RDS clock in Tuner mode?? [Re: ElectricD7]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Is this something that can be done already

Yes. Select the info mode "Info:Line" and this will show the internal clock. Use the "1" key on the remote to cycle through the available time display fields in Info:Line mode. You can also use the "Clock" visual to display the internal clock time.

The RDS clock is only displayed in the "Info:Radio" screen. All other possible clock modes display the internal clock.

#99947 - 17/06/2002 15:47 Re: Disable or replace RDS clock in Tuner mode?? [Re: tfabris]
ElectricD7

Loc: Indiana, USA
Yea, I knew that but I like the radio visual and wanted to somehow change the clock on that visual. At least we should be able to disable the RDS clock if its going to malfunction when it gets RDS static on a non-RDS station.