Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#112540 - 22/08/2002 15:10 Dynamic data partition length
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
A while back, Peter posted that the dynamic data partition used up to the 2MB offset for bookmarks, the EQ settings, and the tuner presets, and the rest for dynamic fid data.

Does anyone know if it expects the partition to be exactly that size? I'm still working on the RAID, and it would be nice if I could RAID the dynamic partition as well, and it seems to work on intial tests, but the RAID steals a little bit of the partition for RAID data, so that it's not quite as large as the original partition.

I'd appreciate some knowledge as to whether that will screw (for some reason, I had to overcome the urge to use ``bollix'') anything up or not.

#112541 - 23/08/2002 04:36 Re: Dynamic data partition length [Re: wfaulk]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Does anyone know if it expects the partition to be exactly that size?

The partition doesn't (currently) have to be exactly that size. After the 2Mbyte mark, the rest is used for dynamic data, one sector per tune. Unless you have 28,672 files on your player, it doesn't need to be that big.

Of course, as the format isn't "user-visible" in any way, we might well change it in the future (to allow for persisting longer playlists, for instance). But we won't be changing it before 2.0final.

Peter