Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#162740 - 26/05/2003 03:39 It goes to sleep?
mpelaz
journeyman

Hello

Since I updated My MKIIa to 2.00 final, I'm having problems...
While in car, the player goes off with no cause. It turns off the amplifier and the screen, and the blue led works as it did months ago (fades in and out instead of blinking shortly every 15 seconds as I modified by hijack).
When I push any button, it returns, turns everything on again and executes the button action (pause, next, volume...), BUT the song has been running all the time in background.
It seems only to turn off only screen and amp, and the rest is still working...
When plugged at home, it "goes to sleep" the same way, but it still sounds trough RCA outputs. After a while, everything goes on again in both situations.
The same if it is in AUX mode, but sometimes it brings a different function with an autogain ramp, instead of my favourite visual.
It is running v 2.00 final + Hijack 2.99, but I'm not sure if it's a software problem or I can consider my empeg ill..
It needs your help

Thanks a lot:

Miguel.

#162741 - 26/05/2003 09:54 Re: It goes to sleep? [Re: mpelaz]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
A couple things to look at:

Check the Hijack menu to see if screen blanking is set.

When it comes back on, is there a battery icon in the upper left corner?

I don't think I know what this:
sometimes it brings a different function with an autogain ramp, instead of my favourite visual.
means.

#162742 - 26/05/2003 12:17 Re: It goes to sleep? [Re: mpelaz]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Mm.. I believe the *only* way this can happen is if the Hijack "Screen Blanker Action" is set to "PowerOff Display" -- which should (almost) never be used. Instead, select "Clear Display" for this item on the Hijack menu.

-ml

#162743 - 27/05/2003 04:51 Re: It goes to sleep? [Re: mlord]
mpelaz
journeyman

Hi

The screen blanker function works ok, it is set to be sensible at 90% and clear display.
The 'sleep' mode doesn't depend on any kind of time rule. It is completely random, sometimes every 2 or 3 minutes, sometimes never, or 3 times per song.
When it comes on again, display shows the usual screen, no battery icon. When it is plugged at home, I use a powerfull 13v. source witch I don't think to fade volts... and the problem is there (well, at home I can continue listening to it, since it doesn't stop the RCA outs, only amp 'on' signal)

The different screen when in AUX mode, I had many months without seeing it (since I updated the soft) but now I can see it many times:
Usual AUX screen is my favourite visual. The other screens are very similar to player mode.
The 'strange' screen when it reboots or when it 'wakes up', has a big horizontal volume draw, and a small 'gain' vertical volume draw at the right side. It automatically increments the gain when the source is low.
I don't know when I can turn it on or off, it comes up whenever it wants...
Many months ago, I suffered several reboots when in car, and after them I got this screen as well as no way to view my visuals. The way to resolve it was to pull out and in riocar into sled.
The other difference both when it reboots or when it 'goes to sleep' is the frecuency of the blue led, wich must blink every 15 seconds but fades in and out when riocar is in this strange mode...

As you see, I'm completely lost, and my english is not as good as I'd want... I hope you to understand it

Thanks a lot:

Miguel.

Edited by mpelaz (27/05/2003 04:55)

#162744 - 29/05/2003 07:09 Re: It goes to sleep? [Re: mpelaz]
mpelaz
journeyman

Hi again

okay, okay, what a silly I am...
I'm just checking my configuration, and I've realised that my 'screen blanker function' was set to 'power off display' instead of 'clear display', and sensibility set to 80% with a time out of 1.30m... It seems to switch off both display and amp on signal at the same time.
Since my car has been driven by a friend for some days, maybe he has changed it. And due to some of my last songs ripped at a very low volume, the problem is there...
I0ve realised too that the different screens I can see in Aux mode are the non-visual and visual one.
Reboots are still a problem, when occurs it boots in non-visual mode, but are from time to time, so I have to be sorry for bothering you with that king of questions.

Thanks for all

Miguel.