Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#172131 - 25/07/2003 02:03 Getting tuner-id from software
pim
addict

Loc: The Hague, the Netherlands
Hi,

Is there any way to see to what ID the tuner is set from the player? I have the original tuner with the rotary switch, and I just can't see where it is pointing to.

I need to use the hijack "if tuner=X force car mode" feature, as my AC sensor sometimes fails. This means that trying all settings will not help, as there is now way to see my player got into car mode by the AC sensor switch or by hijack.

Thanks,
Pim

#172132 - 25/07/2003 05:01 Re: Getting tuner-id from software [Re: pim]
Shonky
pooh-bah

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Don't have my empeg here, but I'm guessing you've already looked at /proc/empeg_*? I think the files mightn't appear unless the device is actually there so you might need to look while docked in the car.

This is all pure speculation of course, but I know you can read things like headlight sense etc (/proc/empeg_power?). Wait! ... depending on how dodgy your AC sensor is you could boot, check the AC switch status and then see if the .ini option worked. Pretty clunky - surely there's something easier.
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)

#172133 - 25/07/2003 05:53 Re: Getting tuner-id from software [Re: Shonky]
pim
addict

Don't have my empeg here, but I'm guessing you've already looked at /proc/empeg_*?

I can only do that at home, and then I don't have a tuner. I could probably bring in a laptop, but hey, I'm looking for an easy solution.

Wait! ... depending on how dodgy your AC sensor is you could boot, check the AC switch status and then see if the .ini option worked

I was hoping to avoid this. I may have to boot 16 times before before I know I've hit the right position. And then I'm still not sure whether I got into car mode by accident or by hijack's force.

Being a lazy bastard, what I'm really looking for is for Yet Another Hijack Feature: show tuner ID on the display in some menu. Are you there, Mark?

Thanks,
Pim

#172134 - 28/07/2003 10:55 Re: Getting tuner-id from software [Re: pim]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
The tuner ID is currently dumped as part of the boot log stuff, but I think it might be useful to have it replace something from the Vitals screen someday.

Cheers

#172135 - 28/07/2003 12:05 Re: Getting tuner-id from software [Re: mlord]
pim
addict

I've just thought of an even better idea:

In the force ac/dc menu, add a choice:
if tuner=x, force y
where x is the current tuner-id. This in
addition to the current choices.

This will have the tuner-id popup in the
menu where it is most relevant.