Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#177738 - 03/09/2003 11:01 Left rear line out stopped working
goosegog
new poster

Loc: Surrey, UK
Hello hello, I wonder if anyone can offer any advice please
I have had my Rio Car for over a year and it's very well used and has been in several cars. I have just installed it another and noticed the left rear line out has no output. Then I noticed the line out wiring insulation is damaged so presumably it has been making short circuit to the un-insulated earth for quite some time.

Can anyone advise if it's something I can tackle myself? I am a mechanic with some experience of handling electronic things but none of actually repairing them

Is it as simple as a fuse inside that blows?
If not, can anyone recommend anywhere in the UK to repair my beloved machine?

Very many thanks

Fergus

#177739 - 03/09/2003 11:19 Re: Left rear line out stopped working [Re: goosegog]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You might simply have this simple problem which is easily fixable if you know what to look for and what to do. Check that first because it's the easy part.

Also check to make sure that the problem isn't at the amplifier end of things. Just because there's no noise coming out of the left rear doesn't mean it's something wrong with the player. It could be something wrong with the amp or the speakers. That's also easy to check.

If all else fails, then yeah, contact support.

#177740 - 03/09/2003 12:22 Re: Left rear line out stopped working [Re: tfabris]
goosegog
new poster

Loc: Surrey, UK
Thanks Tony. I'm certain it's the unit as I have swapped the L&R line outs to check the rest of the system. Unfortunately, though receiving damage, the wires are still firmly crimped.

Cheers anyway

(PS, still in NC? I'm visiting in March/April!)