Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#199003 - 17/01/2004 18:49 I got my Empeg Let the Questions begain
belezeebub
addict

Ok I got my new Empeg Thank you Orion7, picked it up today already downloading music too it.

Here are my Questions

1. The Orange Wire on the Back of the Enpeg was smushed by the conector what does this wire do (I loosend the screws and Moved it.

2. Any way to Upgrade the player with out the serial Cable ??
or is it just a standard Null modem.

______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#199004 - 18/01/2004 00:25 Re: I got my Empeg Let the Questions begain [Re: belezeebub]
belezeebub
addict

It still seems to work (tried it on AC power)

The wire that got smushed was a bit bent out of shape but doesn't look broke the black connector on the back of the Empeg (Not the Sled) had the wire pinched between the metal cast and the side of the connector..I'm getting it installed tommorow so I'll know for sure then, if there are any problems

Still need to know about the cable I am hopping its a standard Null modem I hate making custom cables.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#199005 - 18/01/2004 00:34 Re: I got my Empeg Let the Questions begain [Re: belezeebub]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I thought you meant a wire on the sled your problem sounds scary. You might want to try to stick the empeg into the sled and power it using the wires on the sled before getting it installed incase there is a problem.

Yes you use a null modem cable to upgrade the firmware. What version does it have now ?

Matt

#199006 - 18/01/2004 00:38 Re: I got my Empeg Let the Questions begain [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The orange wire is the ignition switched wire. The wire that goes +12v when you turn the key in your car. You need both this and the constant +12v (yellow) in order for the player to operate correctly.

A standard null modem cable is what is required to upgrade the player, yes. In actuality, only pins 2, 3, and 5 are used.