Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#250475 - 25/02/2005 20:53 Tuner and Steering Wheel COntrols Oh my
belezeebub
addict

You can move this if I am posting in the wrong spot. Tracking says my Empeg will be here on the first. (Does a little End Zone Style Dance) even though this is my 6th Empeg and my third tuner I have never acctually hooked up a tuner and used it (yea Yea Yea I know I am weird) The only Reason I am keeping this tuner is I remember seeing something in the Faq about the steering wheel controls only working if you have the tuner So I am keeping the tuner (in a long drawn out way here are the my questions)

1. Can the Stock Jeep steeringwheel controls work with the Empeg ? with a small amount of reporgramming My linux is Very poor so unless I can find a "Loading Hi-Jack for Dummies book I am SOL)

2. If no on Question which Steering wheel remotes work the best with the smallest amount of Poking and prodding?

3. The Sony Stalk Interface anyone selling one complete and build I don't solder much anymore.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#250476 - 25/02/2005 21:10 Re: Tuner and Steering Wheel COntrols Oh my [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
The only Reason I am keeping this tuner is I remember seeing something in the Faq about the steering wheel controls only working if you have the tuner

That was this FAQ entry.

Quote:
Can the Stock Jeep steeringwheel controls work with the Empeg ?

In theory, yes, with an adapter which converts the Jeep controls into Sony controls. See the FAQ entry above for examples.

Quote:
which Steering wheel remotes work the best with the smallest amount of Poking and prodding?

As stated in the FAQ entry linked above: Kenwood KCA-RC700, Pioneer CXB3488 (SR80 in the US), Sony RM-X4S, Sony RM-X2S.

Quote:
The Sony Stalk Interface anyone selling one complete and build I don't solder much anymore
The tuner module is the Sony Stalk interface.

#250477 - 25/02/2005 21:18 Re: Tuner and Steering Wheel COntrols Oh my [Re: tfabris]
belezeebub
addict

Dang someone must have defragged the hard drive the "tfabris" AI is running muuch faster today

Thank you I'll try and find those parts.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/