Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#260364 - 14/07/2005 02:53 Empeg gone crazy
kendrick

My empeg has gone crazy, i tried to do a drive upgrade with a 30GB drive and i run the .upgrade file and everything was going fine and then it failed with the error "Error Couldnt find pump". Now when i plug in my empeg the hard drives dont even spin up. The blue link light stays on even when nothing is hooked up to it and also the flashing standby light stays on . Also when i plug up the empeg and look at the hyperterminal output i just get this.

empeg-car bootstrap v1.02 20001106 ([email protected])
If there is anyone present who wants to upgrade the flash, let them speak now,
or forever hold their peace...If there is anyone present who wants to upgrade th
e flash, let them speak now,
or forever hold their peace...If there is anyone present who wants to upgrade th

And that just repeats itself over and over. There is also a red solid light on the board.

Edited by kendrick (14/07/2005 02:57)

#260365 - 14/07/2005 03:23 Re: Empeg gone crazy [Re: kendrick]
kendrick

Alright I went ahead and applied the developer image anyway and now the empeg boots normal on the primary drive. However when i disconnect the primary drive and try to run the disk builder on the new 30gb drive im tryin to put in the emepg it wont complete it always fails on Error could not find pump.

#260366 - 14/07/2005 14:11 Re: Empeg gone crazy [Re: kendrick]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The second search result for a FAQ search on the word pump has some information for you:

"I get a 'pump' error when I try to upgrade my player firmware."

Since the upgrade file worked for one of the disk drives, I think we can safely assume it's not the upgrade file or the serial cable. That leaves hardware problems with the disk drive or cable.