Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#262945 - 19/08/2005 19:19 Play back pauses Slighty Counter and play time pauses no sound)
belezeebub
addict

Okay I checked the faq didn't see a good match for this error I am leaning toward bad HD or bad HD cable.

randomly the sound will pause (no errors) the play back timer will pause also its like its re-reading that bit of data then the song will continue playing in between 1-4 seconds (annoying but not world endingly so) completly random (or as random as a computer can be) it will do it on one song then not do it again for an hour or more if It does pause I can repete the song and NOT get the pause the second time.

Bad memory?
Bad Disk?
Bad Drive Cable?
Bad frapastat?

anyone seen this one before.

Edited by belezeebub (19/08/2005 20:50)
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#262946 - 20/08/2005 13:17 Re: Play back pauses Slighty Counter and play time pauses no sound) [Re: belezeebub]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Player version? Memory upgrade? I would also recommend that you turn on your hard drive activity icon. That will show if there is a glitch where the audio thread is waiting for disk access to complete. Also, can you reproduce the problem under AC? If so, watch the console for any error messages.

#262947 - 22/08/2005 16:39 Re: Play back pauses Slighty Counter and play time pauses no sound) [Re: pgrzelak]
belezeebub
addict

2.0 B13 No memory upgrade and I'll try it on ac power once I get unpacked I am in the process of moving right now.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/