Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#307910 - 05/03/2008 02:08 Empeg and Emplode song count is way off
djdrock
journeyman

I have never seen this before. The song count on the empeg for me is lower than that of what emplode is showing. It is off by several hundred songs. Emplode, under the "all tracks" area, is showing songs that are not in my empeg. Recently, I deleted a few playlist and added some songs to test, but after deleting them, emplode still shows the songs but only in the "all tracks
area. The playlists are gone. I have resynced multiple times, restarted emplode and the player multiple times as well.

Could it be that I have deleted playlists and not the songs, so emplode still "sees" the song as there though it no longer shown as available on the empeg?

I can find no mention of this in the FAQ.

Edited by djdrock (05/03/2008 02:28)

#307913 - 05/03/2008 03:43 Re: Empeg and Emplode song count is way off [Re: djdrock]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I forget where it is, but in jemplode there is the unattached items area, and in emplode if I remember right you search for refs=0 (no playlist references). Hopefully that can help you find what you need. I'd get the exact way to look if my empeg was working. frown

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#307915 - 05/03/2008 05:27 Re: Empeg and Emplode song count is way off [Re: djdrock]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: djdrock
Could it be that I have deleted playlists and not the songs, so emplode still "sees" the song as there though it no longer shown as available on the empeg?

Yep. This is exactly the reason. Waterman981's suggestion is right on the money.

#307927 - 05/03/2008 15:04 Re: Empeg and Emplode song count is way off [Re: djdrock]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: djdrock
I can find no mention of this in the FAQ.

Relevant FAQ entries theoretically would be:

Why is the song count different when I shuffle?

What is this 'Soup View' I hear other people talking about?

How can I be sure that I've deleted all copies of a given song?
(Which I just updated to include information about the checkbox prompt, although it what it said before the update was still true.)

However, now that it's being discussed, I realize I'm not certain about one aspect of Emplode's behavior, and I'll ask this openly to the Empeg guys:

Back in the old days, we had "unattached items". Now, we have "soup". Is it possible for a song to be on the player without being in the soup? In other words, could a refs=0 search theoretically find stuff that doesn't show up in the soup? I didn't think that was possible.

#307928 - 05/03/2008 15:12 Re: Empeg and Emplode song count is way off [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: tfabris
Is it possible for a song to be on the player without being in the soup?

No. The soup is all of the songs on the player, whether they're in a playlist or not. Of course, on the empeg, we're on dodgy ground, because the soup's not exposed in the easy-to-access way that it is on the Rio Central.

Perhaps I should have had emplode notice that it was talking to an empeg, and have the Delete behaviour do the right thing. I suppose we could have avoided hidhing the "Unattached Items" playlist for car players as well.

#307929 - 05/03/2008 15:17 Re: Empeg and Emplode song count is way off [Re: Roger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I think I'll update the section of the FAQ that says the soup views will be updated in a later release of the software so that they are accessible on the car player. (And mention Jemplode's feature related to that.)