Whenever I synchronize my empeg it locks up, meaning that the synchronizing logo stops moving on the screen. This happened the first time while I was uploading a file. Now anytime I try to synchronize, it does the same thing. Even if I just make a change to configuration and synch. The error message in emplode is: "Synchronize failed while writing player configuration. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine. (error 0x80072745)"

I have to unplug the player to get it to reboot. If I then try to connect with empeg, it stays on the checking media step for several minutes. After that it goes into standby mode, while the software says waiting and eventually times out. I have to unplug it to get out of standby mode.

It has the same behavior under emplode and Jemplode. I reflashed the Hijack kernel, but it didn't make any difference. I am running 2.0b11 with Hijack v251 on an Mk2a.

The player seems to function properly otherwise.

Does anyone know what would cause this? Is there any way to check the file database on the player or rebuild it?