My car was in the shop, so I figured I'd treat myself to a little empeg upgrading... Decided to throw on Amursfoot (sp?) build of 3.0 (Alpha 8, right?)...

The upgrade took, literally, hours to complete... (Maybe around 4?)

The part that took the lion's share of the time was the "pumping partition" part...

When I connected hyperterminal during boot it seems to hang at the following:

change_root: old root has d_count=1
Trying to unmount old root ... okay
Freeing unused kernel memory: 4k initBUG IN DYNAMIC LI

Anyone know what BUG IN DYNAMIC LI means? Is that even a complete error code, or did it break before it finished spitting it out...?

I seem to remember having "pumping partition problems" many other times... I replaced this hard drive a few months ago (in case some of you were thinking that might be it). But in all fairness, I somehow also remember that everytime I had this problem, putting a new HDD in solved it... This empeg has seen at LEAST 5 drives in 2 years, however... I'm too broke and too disapointed to want to believe it's yet ANOTHER dead HDD... Yes, I've tried ALL differant brands/sizes of disks in case you were wondering...

Can anyone offer me any suggestions?

You guys are usually right on top of things... Hoping it's just one of my haven't-done-it-in-a-while-so-i-forgot-something-stupid errors...

Thanks in advance guys!

Joey DIJulio