I've had an original tuner hooked up to my empeg in my 2000 Acura Integra for over a year now. over the past month the reception has declined. I still get a signal, but there are times where I will only get static or the signal is at one bar or less. There has never been a time where I have ever had more than two bars of signal strength with any of the local stations.

I've checked all the pin connections and had to solder the blue amp remote wire pin, however this only fixed the problem slightly. I don't get static as often, but the reception is still not at the level it was in the past. To the best of my knowledge, the other pins looked secure. While the tuner's antenna connection is listed as an ISO connection, when I installed it I just hooked it up directly to the antenna. Should I have used some kind of ISO/DIN adapter or is that not even necessary? Are there other steps I should be taking? I've done a few searches and I'm hoping it is not an RF module problem.

I have a MK2a, running v2.0 final and hijack v476 if that helps. Please let me know if I need to provide any more info. Thanks.