Now that 12c properly de-dupes the song list before shuffling, I'm wondering something.

Okay, I've discussed in other places that when I turn off the shuffle, I'm usually hoping for it to behave like a CD player and play the next song on the album. But as we all know, the Empeg is a lot more complicated than a CD player...

So let's say I'm shuffling my whole unit from the root. Tom Sawyer comes on, and I decide that I'd like to hear the rest of the Moving Pictures album when it's done, so I turn off shuffle. But the Tom Sawyer it was playing wasn't the one from my Rush/Moving Pictures playlist, was the one from my Test Audio Tracks playlist. So when I un-shuffle, it plays the next song from the Test Audio Tracks playlist instead of Red Barchetta. (And Doug, no comments from the peanut gallery about how the whole album should have been in that playlist anyway, it's just an example.)

I'm guessing that the reason it was the "wrong" Tom Sawyer was because somehow the "Test Audio Tracks" playlist appeared first in the playlist tree, and when the unit de-duped the flattened playlist for the shuffle, it picked that as the one to keep. When it un-shuffled, its index into the flattened un-shuffled playlist corresponded to the Test Audio playlist instead of the Rush/Moving Pictures playlist.

So is there any way I can make sure that version of Tom Sawyer appears LAST in the playlist tree? Can I make sure the artist/album playlists appear first?

Note: I've already tried dragging my custom playlists to the bottom of the list in Emplode and re-synching. The same issue occurs. The issue is intermittent, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to which one it picks in the shuffle. Sometimes an un-shuffle drops me to the album playlist, sometimes it drops me to one of my custom playlists.

Also Note: I don't have Tom Sawyer stored twice on the Empeg. I have it only stored once, and its presence in the other playlists are simply links to the original song file copied from other playlists.

How does the Empeg determine the order of tracks when de-duping, and is there anything at all I can do about it from an end-user perspective?