i mentiioned this before in an emptriv thread, but then the thread died. hopefully, someone can get me some answers...

i recently wiped my hdd w/ diskbuilder and did everything from scratch. then i started installing the 3rd party apps. basically, i did the xml interface, preinit, telnetd, and emptriv. i put telnetd and emptriv on my music drive, and had preinit run them at startup.

what i found out was that i was not able to sync w/ emplode. it gives some error which i forget. anyways, as soon as i kill the processes that are running on the music drive, emplode syncs up again. this is illustrated even more when i moved telnetd to /sbin. emplode still didnt sync til i killed emptriv. when i finally disabled emptriv at preinit, everything worked.

now, the question is... is emplode trying to umount the music drive when doing a sync? cuz that would explain why processes cant be running. and if so, is there any way to edit the sync script (assuming a shell script is what is run) so it kills all processes thats being run from the music drive, and runs preinit again after its done?

i dont really want kill emptriv manually everytime i want to sync.. but thats what i'm going to have to do if i want to play it in the car. any help?