Hey guys;

Can anyone tell me if they have noticed distortion at 0Db signal levels on their empeg? I have a MK2a and I have noticed that the audio seems like its clipping or distorting when the volume is at its peak. I am definitely not 'overdriving' to +Db levels, and I'm listening at low amplifier levels so remember Im talking line levels here.

Im sure its not the source files, but I have found that the driving causes clipping when plugged into a stereo amp, my soundcard, a tape adapter in other cars etc. Can't tell in my own car, cause 0Db would probably pop my ears !

I havea few theories, and I'd love any debunking of them so I can understand why this is the case.

A) the live level outputs are 4V - I rmember that the mk1 had the option of 1v or 4v outputs; maybe this is just too much line level signal for most devices @ 0db? even if it is 1v, is this still too powerful for some hardware eg soundcards?
B) not enough source power: Im running 2 x 60Gb, and a insufficinent power supplpy might stop full driving of the DAC?
C) Some hardware gremlin I dont know of?

Is it wrong to expect that 0Db should be great quality, with the highest signal/noise ratio you can get from the empeg?