I have been having a problem with my tuner for a few weeks. I can seek, tune, get a 5 out of 5 signal meter but no audio or RDS data. AM works OK.

I fiddled about with the connections to check everything was OK and did manage to get 5 to 10 minutes of FM radio and RDS but after that the audio faded (!!!) to silence for 5 seconds, came back on for 5 more and then went dead ever since. I removed the empeg and tuner, brought them home and tried mix and matching with my spare but the results were the same no matter what empeg/sled combo. Nonetheless I checked both sled's harnesses just to be sure, but I'm pretty convinced it's a tuner fault and not a loose wire situation (conclusion aided by the fact that power and data lines seem to work everywhere since I can tune and seek and audio lines work in AM).

I removed the tuner PCB from it's casing and a close up inspection shows nothing out of the ordinary solder wise, although I'm no expert esp. on SMD.

Also I'm officially out of ideas to try and my hunch is that the temic module is gone MIA. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dimitris.