I've done my best to refresh my knowledge with the FAQ, and carefully reviewed the instructions for drive upgrades, but I'm stuck. I have two empeg Mk.2 units. The one with 2.01 software (Hijack v526) with a 40G drive is working fine. Using Win10 and Emplode v2.10 I can connect using serial or ethernet, though sometimes it takes a few reboots to get the serial connection to show. The other player has 3.00-alpha11 software (Hijack v526) installed and a single 80G drive boots, can only ever see ethernet, no matter what I try.

The 80G drive unit has no music present, and I'm unsure of its state, so I'd like to wipe it and put it back to 2.01 using Mark's latest .upgrade file. When I sync it I see the error, "Initializing - All music could not be synchronized, error 0xc0041002", so it is not in a good place. Unfortunately to install the .upgrade file I need a serial connection, right? Oddly using Hyperterminal or PuTTY I can see output and interact with it on COM2, just not from Emplode. Could that be because of the newer software on it? What is my best course of action to get this one working?

I have a 120G CF card on order, and got the adapter Tony recommended a few days back.
My plan is to install that into the 40G unit, but since that is my only stable player I'd really like to sort out the other unit's issues first. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by MMorrow (05/05/2022 06:24)