Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221139 - 05/03/2002 13:00 ID3 tag problem
douglsmith
stranger

I was just trying to upload a bunch of MP3 files from my collection to the Rio Central via Emplode. I noticed that a large number of files seemed to be ignored. On investigating further, it seems that files with an ID3 v2.2 tag don't work. If I changed the tag to anything else newer or older, the file worked fine. The 2.2 tag file also worked if I added a 1.1 tag along with it.

Is this a known behavior or something others have run into?

#221140 - 06/03/2002 02:39 Re: ID3 tag problem [Re: douglsmith]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
I suspect that the tags might have been slightly bogus, and that replacing them with newer versions fixed them. I can't be sure, however.

The point is that there's nothing specific in emplode for point versions of ID3v2.

Is this with the emplode that shipped with the Rio Central, or have you tried using the latest car player beta version of emplode?

If you've still got one of these files, I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me, so that I can take a look at it.

#221141 - 08/03/2002 08:31 Re: ID3 tag problem [Re: Roger]
douglsmith
stranger

I tried encoding some files with a different application and they still have a problem with 2.2 tags. It looks like the files get copied over but sometimes they seem to then disappear. In a few cases they showed up in an incorrect artist category. When they do show up, the duration shows as -1.

The interesting thing is that I created some test files and tried converting them back and forth between tag versions. There was always a problem with v2.2 tags no matter how I got them to that version.

I emailed the test files to the address on your web site. I just noticed that you have a different address listed on this board. I'll send the files there too.