Hi,

Well, I've had my Empeg for a few months now, and I must say that I absolutely love it! Mind you, instead of spending five minutes in front of my CD collection trying to decide what to listen to, I now spend five minutes flicking through menus on the Empeg... (and this is progress?)

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that such a good stereo deserves better speaker quality than it's currently getting, so I've decided to add a sub.

At the moment I have a 4-channel amp driving two MB Quart 6.5" co-axials in the front, and the stock speakers in the rear (being the best I could afford at the time, after buying the Empeg).

So, what's the best way of approaching a sub? I don't want to spend a fortune (£200 max, say).

My options seem to be:
1) Get an active sub (with built in amp) such as one of the Pioneer jobs - strikes me as being the easiest to fit.
2) Since I've got an amp in the boot already, I could stop using the rear speakers and use the existing amp to power a sub.
3) I could buy a new amp to run the sub.

I'd also want to be able to remove the sub fairly easily for those occasions when I need the luggage space (won't be that often, 'cause it's quite a big boot).

So, what should I buy (amps and subs)? Any suggestions gratefully received!

Cheers,
Bryan.

Mark 2 #080000515
12GB Blue