Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#57050 - 09/01/2002 14:21 HiJack idea: blank screen when audio has stopped
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
At the moment most of the time screen blanking (and subsequent standby) doesn't often work for me as I usually leave a visual like swarm on, so the screen is always changing. Therefore it would be good if HiJack also had the ability to blank the screen and put the unit into standby after a certain period of audio inactivity.

The VolAdj feature is already looking at and fiddling with the volume of the out-going signal all the time, so adding code to keep track of wheter the out-going signal is changing should not be much of an over head.

This feature could only operate when the player was in MP3 mode, otherwise it would always get triggered after the defined period in tuner or aux mode.

#57051 - 09/01/2002 16:21 Re: HiJack idea: blank screen when audio has stopped [Re: andy]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
I think it already does something like this. Try it.

-ml

#57052 - 09/01/2002 16:56 Re: HiJack idea: blank screen when audio has stopped [Re: mlord]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
i'm a little behind the times. I remember in the early versions of the hijack kernel, pressing the knob gives you a hijack slider... Holding the knob gives you the hijack menu. The former doesn't seem to work anymore. The latter is ok.

Calvin

#57053 - 09/01/2002 17:02 Re: HiJack idea: blank screen when audio has stopped [Re: mlord]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
What you mean the player already does it or your patches do it ?

#57054 - 09/01/2002 20:25 Re: HiJack idea: blank screen when audio has stopped [Re: andy]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Hijack does something very similar to your wish.

If you turn on the screen blanker feature, then after a playlist completes, and the player is idle, the blanker begins an immediate countdown, regardless of screen activity. After it eventually blanks the screen, a standby timer starts counting down. When the standby timer expires, the empeg is placed in to standby condition (yellow led blinking, display powered off).

The standby timer defaults to 30mins (I think), but can be changed in config.ini using:

[hijack]
standby_minutes=5 ; change standby timer to 5 minutes after blanker

Cheers

#57055 - 09/01/2002 20:29 Re: HiJack idea: blank screen when audio has stopped [Re: eternalsun]
mlord
carpal tunnel

I think you meant "pressing the knob gave a VolAdj slider".

It still does, if you want it to. Use a long knob press to get into the Hijack menu, find the "knob press redefinition", and select what you want the knob to do for you. The original behaviour is the "VolAdj+" setting, but most of us now use "PopUp" instead.

-ml