Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#71147 - 13/02/2002 22:05 Hijack and tuner
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
I found that needing the remote to tune to a frequency rather than either needing to use a preset or letting the tuner decide what was strong enough to be a station annoying, and figured the right answer was to allow a selectable mode (maybe the default mode, probably not) on the knob when tuner is selected to be "single-step up or down". I set about figuring out how I might need to patch Hijack to accomplish this, and noticed the tuner device driver has been removed.

I don't see another way to set frequencies, and it looks like the tuner device driver didn't support usefully getting the current frequency anyhow (making single-stepping rather hard), but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

I'm hoping one of you will tell me I'm crazy, because I'd prefer being crazy to being SOL

#71148 - 13/02/2002 22:18 Re: Hijack and tuner [Re: Daria]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
You could just use the ir_translate capability of hijack to enter something like the following in your config.ini:

when in tuner mode, knob rotate right = Remote Next

For info on how to format that, check out:

http://empeg-hijack.sourceforge.net/ir_translate.html

I'm just figuring out exactly how powerful IR_Translate is... you can go nuts with it! All this should be in the FAQ in the next few days.

#71149 - 13/02/2002 22:23 Re: Hijack and tuner [Re: loren]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
That's a good idea, for some reason I wasn't thinking at that high a level. I guess I'll have to play with that after I finish what I'm doing now (apparent ground loop problem, playing with jumper cables to provide portable quick grounding:-)