Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74444 - 24/02/2002 11:05 First try at stylesheet hosting - send your stylesheets
crocklobster

Okay, I wanted to get this out there see people could see it.

I've taken the stylesheets I've seen in this board so far and put a little hosting application together so you can see them all work on your empeg without having to d/l and install each one.

If you d/l the index.html in this post and put it in a directory on the empeg, and navigate to that directory, you should see my web app. (I just put mine in the root)

There are some things that don't work....Namely, any link that sends a ?button or ?serial request to the empeg. That's because the empeg will _always_ send back the default.xsl reference and you'll get booted out of the current custom stylesheet. I've got an enhancement requested posted about that.

Let me know if anyone sees any value in this. I think it's on the cool side. Also, if anyone else has done some cool stylesheets, post them here and I'll add them to the list. There are currently five up there. Only one of them is for the XSLT working draft spec browsers.

I have cable internet, so at some point, the ip address that the index.html page points to will be invalid. Normally, you can get there by going to rocknet.ne.mediaone.net but that will change at some point too. The problem with that, is it's too long to put in the custom stylesheet links. I've asked Mark to increase the maximum length from 63 to 128 characters.

Chris

Edit: Those things I said that didn't work have been fixed, thanks to v212

Attachments
72291-index.html (93 downloads)

Edited by crocklobster (24/02/2002 14:01)

#74445 - 24/02/2002 11:08 Re: First try at stylesheet hosting - send your stylesheets [Re: crocklobster]
crocklobster

And if you didn't see my note about this before, you might have to change a security setting on your browser. This is because you're getting the xml from one place and the xsl from another. I had to enable "Access data sources across domains" under Miscellaneous in the custom security level dialog.

#74446 - 24/02/2002 12:37 Re: First try at stylesheet hosting - send your stylesheets [Re: crocklobster]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Both of your requests have now been implemented -- see the v212 thread.

Cheers

#74447 - 24/02/2002 13:58 Re: First try at stylesheet hosting - send your stylesheets [Re: mlord]
crocklobster

Awesome, I've fixed those things that didn't work before. Now the ?Serial links stay on the custom stylesheet.

Very cool.

Chris