Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#239162 - 27/10/2004 10:23 java byte verify Virus w. Jemplode PC's
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Both of my computers that have Jemplode installed on them are getting a warning that the "java byte verify" virus has been detected. I Googled that and found you remove it by:

Start > Control Panel > Java > Cache

Then, hit "Clear" to clear the cache and remove the check mark to enable cache.

This worked on my XP machine fine. But on my Win2K machine, that also has a very old version of Jemplode that was never updated (and never had the full Java.com install on it), there is no Java entry in the Control Panel....

I'm now installing a full Java on that machine to see if it will overwrite what's on there.

Is anyone else getting this virus?

#239163 - 27/10/2004 10:48 Re: java byte verify Virus w. Jemplode PC's [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
tman
carpal tunnel

You get Byteverify by looking at dodgy webpages. It's nothing to do with Jemplode apart from the fact they both need a JVM.

#239164 - 27/10/2004 13:24 Re: java byte verify Virus w. Jemplode PC's [Re: tman]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Okay, I didn't mean to imply that Jemplode was the cause of this, I just meant that because Jemplode was installed, I had Java on those machines.