Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#35288 - 30/07/2001 07:45 Font routines?
tigloo

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
Hi there,

does anybody have custom font routines for the Empeg or know how to access the builtin ones? I'd like to add some status info for my module player.

Currently, I'm using something like a 7-segment emulation thingy which is ugly at best.

If there's nothing out there to access font for the display, I'll probably rip my VGA's font out of its ROM and put it into a small library for printing.

Anybody have a better solution or is interested in that lib?

Till

#35289 - 30/07/2001 09:12 Re: Font routines? [Re: tigloo]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi Till.

I am currently planning on a general display library (graphics and text) for the empeg. If you are interested in co-developing it (perhaps you doing the text output parts, while I do the graphic functions), I could set up a cvs server to coordinate the source code updates. We could also use sourceforge for this of course.

cu,
sven

proud MkII owner (12GB blue/green/smoked, #080000113)

#35290 - 30/07/2001 10:33 Re: Font routines? [Re: smu]
tigloo

Loc: Hamburg, Germany
That would be cool because I just got my font routines ready. :) For anyone who's interested, I've attached them to this code.

Please note, the routines are not pretty and all yet, they still need lots of commenting, the clipping should be variable (it's character-based at the moment) etc etc etc.

This is _basic_. :) However, the more comments, the better.

I ripped the font from plex86' VGA BIOS, I included the 8x8, 8x14 and 8x16 bitmaps. Only 8x8 is good though, and still this should be shrunk down to something smaller.

Font designers, anywhere?

Till

Attachments
34561-font.tar.gz (160 downloads)